Paul Bulteel is a photographer of Belgian nationality. He finds his images by traveling and strolling around, without any attempt to mise en scene. Most of his photowork deals with the interaction between people and our wider environment : “We all are often anonymous figurants in the public space, acting in a variety of scenes. Scenes that can either be majestic or ordinary. And certainly in our urban environment the scenery is generally imposed on us, not chosen. Therefore our relation with that scenery can be sometimes harmonious, sometimes quite uneasy.”
Portfolio, awards, exhibitions :
- photo book "Figurants" - private edition - (30x45 cm - 69 photo's)
- silver award of the international art centre of deSingel, Antwerp Belgium
- photo book "boxed" - private edition - (30x45 cm - 53 photo's)
- Photo View 2012 - traveling group exhibition
- Canvas Collectie / La Collection RTBF 2012, Brussels Belgium - group exhibition (photo books "Figurants" and "boxed")
- International Photo Festival of Knokke-Heist Belgium
- shortlist London Street Photography Festival, UK
- MTWalls, Antwerp Belgium - group exhibition
- Belfius Art, Brussels Belgium - group exhibition
- Gallery S&H De Buck, cabinet Jan Van Den Abbeele, Ghent Belgium - solo exhibition "Fast Forward"
- Edition 5 of snor.it, online photography magazine http://www.snor.it - series "boxed" - http://issuu.com/snor.it/docs/snor5-sept-2012?e=0
- Foto Circuit Vlaanderen - travelling solo exhibition "Habitat", Belgium
- Photo View 2013 - traveling group exhibition, Belgium - series "hidden landscapes"
- Scaldis KBC, Antwerp Belgium - solo exhibition "biggest little universes"
- photo book "biggest little universes" - private edition - (28x42 cm - 69 photos)
- international Photo Festival of Copenhagen, Denmark
- Masterview-Viewmaster - studio Herman Teirlinck, Antwerp Belgium - group exhibition - series "biggest little universes"
- Photo Academy Award exhibition - group exhibition Den Haag, Amsterdam, Eindhoven, Groningen, Rotterdam, Antwerp - 2013-2014
- Photo View 2014 - traveling group exhibition, Belgium - series "the world is your oyster"
- Edition May 2014 of Art Photo Mag, online photography magazine http://www.artphotomag.com/magazine/2014/May15
- Gallery Foto21, Bredevoort (The Netherlands) - solo exhibition "biggest little universes"
- Fotogalerie Objektief, Enschede (The Netherlands) – solo exhibition "one room with a view and twelve without"
- SDWorx, Antwerp Belgium - solo exhibition "boxed"
- Photo View 2015 - traveling group exhibition, Belgium - "without a view"
- House Hellemans, Edegem Belgium - solo exhibition "cycle & recycle"
- photo book "cycle & recycle" - published by Hatje Cantz - ISBN 978-3-7757-4105-7 - more info here
- Gallery Martin Van Blerk, Antwerp Belgium - solo exhibition "winterreise"
- Photo Event 2016, Mechelen Belgium - group exhibition
- de Bijl, Zoersel Belgium - solo exhibition "passing" and "winterreise"
- Gallery Anastasia, New York USA - solo exhibition "cycle & recycle"